Thursday, 10 January 2013

Farewell Nutmeg


Had to say goodbye to Nutmeg last night. At seventeen she has been around for a long time. She, and her "sister" Coffee were here before me, as Lorna likes to remind me, so they were part of the deal. Fortunately they seemed to like me, and Lorna let me stay.

This shot is from almost five years ago and she is in her favourite place, on the back of the sofa in the living room. I will certainly miss her incredibly loud purring in my ear whilst I was trying to watch TV. And the occasional surprise when she fell asleep and fell off her perch onto my shoulders!

She wasn't supposed to go into the bedroom, but for a while now her morning routine has been to sneak in, quietly jump up on the bed, and snuggle in. We pretended not to notice. Maybe she thought that, at her age, she had every right to sleep wherever she pleased. Maybe she was right.

Going to miss you Nutmeg.

Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment