Thursday, 26 July 2012

Lacock Abbey Revisited


Back in April I took a trip to Lacock Abbey with some college friends. I wrote a blog entry about it and included an HDR image I created using Photoshop.

I wasn't totally happy with the results. Though it was a fairly accurate reflection of how I remembered the room, I felt it was a little soft and lacked some texture.

The image you see above was generated from the same series of photos, but this time processed with both Photoshop and Nik HDR Efex Pro 2, and I much prefer this version. Click on the image to see a larger version.

The photos were combined in HDR Efex using the Dark dark to bring out the texture I wanted, but then back in Photoshop I desaturated the image a little to tone down the orange. I also used the patch, clone stamp and healing brush tools to remove what looked like a plastic covering on part of the wall (if you look closely at the photos in the original blog you will see it).

What do you think? Do you prefer this or the original version?

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment